Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Uncle uncle...

There was a time when my mum monopolised the internet. That I didn't mind, but what horrified me was she actually took to chatting with my friends on MSN Messenger! But my friends generally have been okay with having her around the chatting scene.

And it wasn't until the other day when I sat down and had a nice chat with Amira's dad, that I realised that adults too, can make quite engaging chat buddies.

Me: okay okay i shall slow down my frenetic pace
Me: and accomodate you...but u have to admit, i'm challenging you in a way, no?
Me: im pushing you just a little bit to type a little but faster
Me: to think a little bit quicker
Me: to cope with the unforgiving speed of today's cyber world
Me: okay im crapping
Me: u sure do take a long time to give a reply
Me: you're amusing!
Me: it's like im engaging in a monologue here
amira's dad: of course you do... cos y never gave me chances to reply... bz reading ur messages

The charming man even attempted a stab at sarcasm.

Me: what do you work as?
amira's dad: I m self employed... running a small bsnes
Me: oooh...
Me: in what field?
Me: sumtimes i wonder if you're there or not
amira's dad: not football field...
amira's dad: you really do talk a lot... i wonder how everybdy keeps up wt u...

Then he tried to throw back my line at me.

amira's dad: alo... wher r u?
Me: im here
Me: i said i was slowing down
Me: so dat u cud keep up

Of course, adults should teach the young a thing or two.

Me: i guess all kids find it amusing when they chat with someone much much older than they are
amira's dad: of course... one thing for sure... older people can always act like a kid... n no kid can ever act like an adult... that is the fun part...

He even taught me how to speak like an adult, then advised me against it.

amira's dad: u sounded so superficial... ther is no way that you can sound like an adult..
amira's dad: u really sounded like a model acting for an advertisment...
amira's dad: u sounded like selling smthng and reading frm a pretyped text...
amira's dad: you just need to be yourself... thats is the important thing...


Okay uncle...

LOL... he's fun lah. But I had to be so mean to him by telling him that "i endure such an arduous wait for your prized replies" because he was struggling to keep up with my babbling. Sorry!

Amira, your dad and I are so chatting again!

2 comments:

Aliza Sara said...

haha. lol. adult ppl are okayy? cool! :D

Muhammad Hanis said...

nice =)