Sunday, November 9, 2008

Helpless Newbie!

Right, so I've bitten the bait and plunged myself into the blogging world.

It ain't so bad, is it?

Plus typing is much, much easier than writing. My fingers press so hard on the unfortunate pen, that (gasp!) the ink stops flowing. How that happened, only Faber-Castell knows.

Shouldn't blame the pen.

You can't scold the worker who couldn't get a word out thanks to having a ferocious boss.
You can't hate the apple for turning bad due to the onset of oxidation.

The same way why my parents shouldn't reprimand me for sleeping up to 11 in the morning. It's just as normal for teenagers to sleep in as it is for rabbits to sleep around.

Anyway, I have been checking out some really awesome (alternative) music. Elbow, Be Your Own Pet, Nina Nastasia, Sandi Thom, Laura Marling. They create some really beautiful music that's really worth the price of the CD (or in my case, internet bills) and yeah, I should introduce some of them to you.

So, here I have included a video of Be Your Own Pet's rather rad single, Becky (from Get Awkward). Behind the rather sweet voice of the lead singer lies a deep hatred for an unloyal friend. Violent times call for violent ways, some say, and the back-stabbing prick got murdered by the angry betrayee.



And I just love how the name "Becky" was repeatedly behind the chorus.

I heard you talked a lot of shit about me
to your new best friend
Doesn't matter anyway, cuz I've got a brand new friend, okay
Me and her, we'll kick your ass,
we'll wait with knives after class!

But you know, I gotta say
I really loved going to your slumber party
It's too bad you got so lame
You told my secrets and it caused me a lot of pain


Now I'm going to juvey for teenage homicide
It'll would've been cool if you stayed by my side
And you know that you wouldn't have had to die,
but now every single night I cry

If only what you wrote in my yearbook was true--
then I wouldn't be stuck in fucking cell block 2
But I don't regret what I've done,
'cuz in the end, it was fun!

No comments: