Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nailing the habit

The best way to stop biting nails is to put on some nail polish, right?

WRONG.

It doesn't work. I tried it, and those nice dainty pink colours never stopped me from putting my fingertips to my mouth. I think I've ingested some nail polish during my trying-to-stop-biting-nails-but-failed-pathetically period.

What to do? I'm an avid nail-biter. I bite for no apparent reason. I bite while I'm waiting, texting, watching movie, reading books, revising, doing essays, bored like nuts, thinking, panicking...

...I even bite my nails in the toilet. (I know, EWWW!!)



So I improvised a bit. I tried slapping on some black nail polish, and hey it works!! Yeah, for a week.

Then I ingested some more nail polish. Sigh...

My mum told me to dip my fingers into minyak cap kapak every morning, so that I would refrain from the habit. A good method that one, but what if I rub my eyes?

Gee, did anyone suddenly point a pepper spray at my eyes or what?

But I HAVE decided that this habit has SERIOUSLY GOT TO STOP. Because I love nail polish. And it sucks only having those 10 toenails as canvas. And longer nails scratch better than anything else in the world.

No comments: