Sunday, January 4, 2009

Leavin on a Jet Plane

In a quick glance, one month is already over. And she's gone back to the UK once again.

It was a month greeted with joy, love, celebration, reunion, sharing, laughter and crazy conversations. Just like what Nelly Furtado asked in one of her songs, "Why do all good things come to an end?", I asked God (whichever sympathetic God who listens to this religiously-lost kid) why the holiday should end so quickly.

I'm talking about my sister, just so you know.

We sent her off in KLIA last night, bidding sweet goodbyes. At the point where she would take the escalator down to the immigration, we hugged and wished her well. Then she went off, before all the floodgates could open and drown the place in tears.

I did tear up a little. But I remained strong. I've been through this before, twice. Then I went home and sobbed.

The iPod she bought me is now my new companion at home. The songs replace our laughter and other ghastly sounds we made, and the videos will take the place of her antics. I even brought the thing with me to KLIA, thinking it would console my heavy heart on the way home.

It was not needed then though. It was as if Mix FM recognised my gloom and drew up a lovely playlist for me.

Feeling better now. But the house is much quieter. When she's not around, I don't feel like talking. I only speak when necessary.

I await the day she comes back, and we'll have fun again.


I seriously don't know what I was looking at. Taken during one of those crazy rides we sat in Gold Coast.

No comments: