Saturday, January 17, 2009

RUN BABY RUN

I got no. 32!!!! Yeah!!!!!

It's a big deal to me, okay? I'm far from fit, and I'm the type of sportsperson who only watches but never plays.

4km in 40 minutes. Not bad, but not phenomenal either. But for a girl with guts and short legs? I think it's quite a pretty cool achievement.

If you're sniggering in disdain reading this, then you're one of the many selfish people out there who can't be happy for other people's success.

If you're jubilant while reading this, you're cool.

I actually thought of giving the merentas desa (road run) a pass. The thought of getting all sweaty in the mighty Malaysian heat, huffing hard for air and putting my less-than-greek body on the grind is just unnerving.

But En Kum and En Azmi were so inspirational in their road run taklimat that they stirred something in me, this irrepressible urge to contribute before I leave the bright yellow buildings of SMKSAS.

Or maybe they just made me guilty for thinking I could get away with not doing ANYTHING for my poor Blue House.

This year, RUMAH TEMENGGUNG WILL EMERGE AS VICTORS!!!!!

Take that, Green Dogs, Red Bulls and Yellow Digimen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Yen Peng! I'm proud of you! :D