Friday, December 5, 2008

Voices and Accents

You may have a sexy voice, but that alone is not enough. An accent can be alluring or inhibiting, intriguing or dismal. I generally find British, Irish and Australian accents sexy, even if that means having my eyes glued to the subtitles when the speech gets too thick!

So here's my LIST, in no particular order and regardless of gender, of celebrities who have been blessed with THE VOICE and THE ACCENT. They speak so good, they make me drool without even looking.



Gerard Butler
Scottish accent, raspy voice. i don't need to go further. Seen him in PS, I Love You? Then you'll agree with me.


Elaine Cassidy
She has a unique voice - low, sweet, slightly gravelly. When paired with an Irish accent, the words come out of her mouth like music.


Kate McKinnon
I like American accent, as the pronunciation is much clearer and discernible. So Kate McKinnon here not only has a lovely American accent, she has this pleasant medium-pitched voice that makes it easy for me to forgive her continuous rambling.


Naomi Campbell
Seriously, this woman has got to stop exhibiting her temper, an act which is clearly overshadowing the fact that she has such a low, elegant voice that compliments her British accent.


Antonio Banderas
English peppered with Spanish slang... and his voice inflections are insanely delightful to the ears.


Cate Blanchett
She's Australian, but she speaks like a British dame. I just love watching her interviews. She can go on and on about making potato salad but I won't budge from the speakers. Can't explain it. Just Youtube her, won't you?


Carmine Giovinazzo
This dude from CSI:NY has this rugged accent which has sparked many lovers and haters. Count me as a member of the former.

No comments: