Monday, December 8, 2008

Scent-sational

My all-time fave perfume: Paco Rabanne Black XS.

I hate it whenever salesgirls corner me with overenthusiastic smiles, hoping that I'll buy a truckload of the perfume I have so gingerly checked out.

"Miss, now we have promotion. Buy 100ml free this, free that one and free from body odour."
"Whoa, chill. I just took a scent stick, not struck the lottery."

But looking back, I'm actually very grateful that one particular salesgirl had so persistently poured her sales pitch at me. So charming and annoying she was, I bought the perfume. It took her 25 minutes to convert my interest into cold, hard cash.


I should have made life harder for her by standing there longer. But then it would be really brutal of me, because my slippers were so snugly and she was wearing high heels.

So I doled out my mum's hard-earned money in exchange for what would become my most treasured bottle of perfume. The first few moments as the heart notes swarm the sense, its floral scent is dark and intense. As it progresses, the intensity eases off - its sharp rose-tinged, fruity smell still strong but not overpowering. It then slowly fades out, a sweet light trace of vanilla lingering on the skin.

Other scents I love:
Calvin Klein CK IN2U for her
Ralph Lauren Romance
Burberry Brit for her
Dolce & Gabbana The One
Dior Midnight Poison
Armani Code for her
YSL Elle
Hugo Boss XX (not XY)
Ralph Lauren Style

No comments: