Sunday, June 28, 2009

Name cards

I confess. I am a compulsive brochure/pamphlet/card/postcard/magazine hoarder. I've got boxes dedicated to storing whatever "nice crap" I have accumulated, stashed in my room. Anything that looks nice and is made from paper, I collect. I know I'm not exactly being very eco-friendly here, but that's not the point...

...So let me share with you some of the name cards I've collected. They are the nicer ones in my collection, but not the most outrageous cards you will ever find. It's quite hard to find creative ones here in Malaysia, which is a shame because name cards are a really effective communicative tool between you and the client/public. It serves as your identity, your little advertising gadget that fits neatly in everyone's wallet and are not as pesky as leaflets.

So let us all learn a thing or two from these cards below, and hopefully we'll see wackier cards to come.







...Oh chewah...kad nama aku...



Last but not least, my fabulous library card. The coolest SMKSAS library card you'll ever see.


Actually, these are pretty common once you've looked at the even wackier, offbeat and simply artistic ones in http://creativebits.org/cool_business_card_designs. Here, you'll see cards that can be folded/stretched/torn/shaped/peered into and are made from metal/cardboard/plastic/perspex/cloth/rubber/clay and God knows what else can the human brain do to poor name cards.

No comments: