Monday, February 16, 2009

Deee-bait

Wooh, went for a debate today. Went and kicked some Sri Amanian ass. And LOST.

LOL. But never mind, treat it as debate practice.

Chewahhhh...

Saw some familiar faces there. Too lazy to type out their names. Can't remember some of their names also.

The topic was SCHOOL UNIFORM SHOULD BE ABOLISHED. We got Government, which means the ugly piece of garment we wear for 5 days a week has GOT TO GO. I was the 2nd speaker, and when it was my turn to speak, my legs were like jelly. My hands were shaking a little, I fidgeted with my cue cards, fumbled a little, stuttered a little (there is just NO way I can pull off an Obama) but after settling myself, HAH, kick-ass time.

Well if we kicked so much ass, then what went wrong?

Our presentation kicked ass. Our points, on the contrary, did not.

Hmm... well it's okay. We didn't really prepare for the second round, so even if we got through, we're screwed.

But seriously wei, how come Samadians can never get the Best Speaker award? The adjudicators, the teachers, the opponents, well practically everybody in the room were like, "Your school has very good speakers" and "You are really really good" after the decision was announced, but hello?

Like Justin Timberlake sang, "She deserves the crown. But where is it now?"

I was expecting Praveen to snag the award cuz he really whacked a lot of ass. I wasn't aggressive enough, preferring to match Sri Amanians' grace (but they stuttered and fumbled a lot too) but I guess we lost out substance-wise.

What I hate about debates is the preparation process. Tedious, just tedious.

But I just love the kicking-ass part. I especially like rebutting the points they brought up. That's what happens when you enter the debate world as the third speaker. It is so much fun to demolish all the opponent's points. It's called KICKING ASS.


But then again, doing the summary is kinda fun too.

I still have yet to learn the art of manipulating the opponent's words to suit our stand, and have not mastered the skill of quick, aggressive POIs.

Oooh I love to POI! One of those little moments to kick ass.

But I malas nak pergi join another debate again lah... why can't I train the Form Fours instead?

No comments: