Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ryan Tedder

A thought hit me while I was doing dishes.

Ryan Tedder seems to write songs mostly for female artists. The bigger their voices, the better. They're usually voluptious women too...

Beyonce (Halo), Kelly Clarkson (Already Gone), Leona Lewis (Bleeding Love), Jordin Sparks (Battlefield)....

Who's next? Rihanna?

Swallow that. I checked Wikipedia, and yes, he is working on Rihanna's latest album. And Hilary Duff's, Daughtry's, Mario's, Marie Digby's and Whitney Houston's as well. (!!!!)

Whoa, he's gota slow down. No wonder he's getting a little pudgy these days. All those gruelling hours in the studio are bad for his back. A studiopotato....

studiopotato (noun) (stoo-dee-aww-poe-tet-taww)
a person who spends his days and nights holed up in a studio producing and writing material for artists.

But he's an immensely talented man, and I respect him for that, studiopotato or couchpotato. His songs have a similar style, and can be easily identified - midtempo, big ballads with catchy choruses (usually a repetitive hook).

Don't get what I mean?

Keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding love...
I keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding love...
Leona Lewis, Bleeding Love

Halo, halo, halo, HALOOOO,
Halo, halo, halo, halooooo.....
Beyonce, Halo

Already gone, already gone,
There's no moving on,.
So I'm already gone....
Already gone, already gone....
Kelly Clarkson, Already Gone

It's too late to apologize, it's too laaaaaate....
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too laaaaaaate...

OneRepublic, Apologize

Get my point now? And what made me think of this whole thing while doing dishes, I really don't know.

No comments: