Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bleh bleh bleh

Congrats to the new BOD. And congrats to the soon-to-be announced COH.

Seriously, them guys have got to be happy that they got a post. There are others willing to take their place anytime.

As for me, time to retire and ughhh.... study. Bleh....

I still remember the day I got elected as IU Director. I was ecstatic. It was the post I was aiming for, no it was THE POST I wanted ever since Karis made me ran for something. All that without even knowing what the post was all about and what I was getting myself into. But I got the post, and I loved every single moment of it. The best day ever - IU Day. My day. Our day.

So I promise to guide Joshua, the newly-elected IU Director of 2009/2010. Will show him the ropes of organising an IU Day. Poor guy. He doesn't know what he has gotten himself into. Haha...

It is an ugly thing to do, leaving your successor on his/her own without even bothering to guide him/her (ahem brandonahem). Thank God for Priya. And my BOD, really grateful for them. And the Form Fours, who worked their asses off for the event. All the Interactors. Hallelujah.

Maybe it's my fault - I gave the impression that the job of an IU Director was really really really really tough, so I guess it turned a lot of the Form Fours off from running for the post. IU Director's post is very fun actually, if you're great at handling stress and pressure at the same time. If you're crap at handling both at the time (and a lot of it), then you'll get this crazed, psychotic, bitch-boss-from-hell, power-hungry, Machiavellian tyrant like me.

But I have faith in Joshua. He'll do fine. He just has to sharpen his senses abit. Cannot blur blur already. Must be quick-thinking, manipulative, sweet-talking, multi-tasking, daring, independent-thinking, organised, firm, professional, detailed, enterprising, thick-faced and analytical. No room for slacking.

And hopefully not break another arm again.

No comments: