Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Deja Vu

Bones.

It's just another one of those words you don't usually find in song titles. But guess what? There's...

Natasha Bedingfield's Pirate Bones
Elbow's The Bones of You
Nina Nastasia's Counting Your Bones
Teeth and Tongue's There is a Lightness to My Bones
Iron and Wine's Innocent Bones
The Killer's Bones
Robin Thicke's Lazi Bones

These tracks are all in my MP3 and heck, I even have Yeah Yeah Yeah's Show Your Bones album.

I should upload the whole season of Bones next. You know, to complete the whole package.

Another thing that fazes me is the song Take a Bow. Madonna pioneered it, moping about how her lover should win an award for his pretending. Then Rihanna took it and "put on quite a show" that "really had me going" uhuh....

Now it's Britain's current favourite darling, Leona Lewis' turn.

Really, the theme of all the three songs are the same. What's worse, they share the same name. They talk about the same thing.

Get some originality, people. Rehashing ideas is just not the real deal. That's why I love indie music. I'm so tired of listening to all those heavily-produced,mass-manufactured, coated-with-syrup tracks out there on airwaves these days.

No comments: