Sunday, March 1, 2009

No More Tears

I watched this funny stand-up show on Youtube yesterday and the comedienne got me thinking:

Yeah, why do shampoo bottles HAVE to come with instructions on the back?

Seriously, why do executives working at the promo department HAVE to design the bottle with the idea in mind that people are shampooing for the first time?

And if that is not dumb enough, seems like every promo executive is doing it for every shampoo brand, from the ciplak Ah Hua Smooth & Silky brand sold in Petaling Street right up to Kerastase.

As if we need those instructions anyway. We don't learn shampooing from shampoo bottles.

We learn it from our moms. Or Indonesian maids.

Or Google, if all else fails.

The same with those people asking me if I'm growing my hair long. Isn't it SO OBVIOUS?

Yeah yeah, I'm trying to grow my hair long to take part in a Johnson & Jonhson's No More Tears shampoo. Yeah, I'll be that chick shampooing away with much enthusiasm while reading the instructions at the back of the bottle.

Sigh....

No comments: